HI

Long time ago I used to do the same ...

I used to name the merger Index  unique names ......so at run time If the
Query returned from  1STMERGER  then the path relevant to 1STMEGEr will be
used.

similarly  U NEED NOT STORE A NEW COLUMN FOR THIS SAKE......

1MERGER  =  /temp/MERGER1      Finally   the PATH OF INDEX SEARCH IS
C:/TEMP/MERGER1
1MERGER  =  /temp/MERGER2      Finally   the PATH OF INDEX SEARCH IS
D:/TEMP/MERGER2

HOPE THIS HELPS

WITH REGARDS
KARTHIK