Hello all,

Faced with a typical issue.
I have many files which I am indexing.

Problem Faced:
a. File having size less than 20 MB are successfully indexed and merged.

b. File having size >20MB are not getting INDEXED.. No Exception is being thrown. Only a lock file is being created in the index directory. The indexing process for a single file exceeding 20 MB size continues for more than 8 minutes after which I have a code which merge the generated index to existing index.

Since no index is being generated now, I get an exception during merging process.

Why Files having size greater than 20 MB are not being indexed..??. I am indexing each line of the file. Why IndexWriter is not throwing any error.

Do I need to change any parameter in Lucene or tweak the Lucene settings ?? Lucene version is 4.4.0

My current deployment for Lucene is on a server running with 128 MB and 512 MB heap.

--
Regards

Ankit Murarka

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what
lies within us"