Hello.
The server has much more memory. I have given minimum 8 GB to Application Server..

The Java opts which are of interest is : -server -Xms8192m -Xmx16384m -XX:MaxPermSize=8192m

Even after giving this much memory to the server, how come i am hitting OOM exceptions. No other activity is being performed on the server apart from this.

Checking from JConsole, the maximum Heap during indexing was close to 1.2 GB whereas the memory allocated is as mentioned above,.

I did mentioned 128MB also but this is when I start the server on a normal windows machine.

Isn't there any property/configuration in LUCENE which I should do in order to index large files. Say about 30 MB.. I read something MergeFactor and etc. but was not able to set any value for it. Don't even know whether doing that will help the cause..