Lucene doesn't have document size limits.

There are default limits for how many tokens the highlighters will process ...

But, if you are passing each line as a separate document to Lucene,
then Lucene only sees a bunch of tiny documents, right?

Can you boil this down to a small test showing the problem?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com