bq: We did a detailed analysis for each step and observed that
indexing per RTF file(i.e using path and content(with File Reader))
happened at the same millisecond and
On an average it took 95millisec for each file to get indexed and took
anywhere between 200 to 500millisec for file to get converted to text
using Aspose.

Do I misunderstand or is between 2/3s and 5/6ths of your time spent in
acquiring the text? In which ase even if you get Lucene down to 0ms to
index doc (impossible of course), you'll gain at best 33%.

Which is another argument for indexing all the docs and just using
filters or a TermsFilter as Arjen suggests.

Best,
Erick