Hi Shai,

Thanks for the response. Appreciated! I understand that this particular use
case has to be handled in a different way.

Can you please help me with the below questions?

1.] Is there any API that gives me the count of a specific dimension from
FacetCollector in response to a search query. Currently, I use the
getTopChildren() with some value and then check the FacetResult object for the
actual number of dimensions hit along with their occurrences. Also, the
getSpecificValue() does not work without a path attribute to the API.

2.] Can I find the MAX or MIN value of a Numeric type field written to the

3.] I am trying to compare and contrast Lucene Facets with Elastic Search. I
could determine that ES does search time faceting and dynamically returns the
response without any prior faceting during indexing time. Is index time lag is
not my concern, can I assume that, in general, performance-wise Lucene facets
would be faster?

4.] I index a semi-large-ish corpus of 20M files across 50GB. If I do not use
IndexWriter.commit(), I get standard files like cfe/cfs/si in the index
directory. However, if I do use the commit(), then as I understand it, the
state is persisted to the disk. But this time, there are additional file
extensions like doc/pos/tim/tip/dvd/dvm, etc. I am not sure about this
difference and its cause.

5.] Does the RAMBufferSizeMB() control the commit intervals, so that when the
limit is reached across all writing threads, the contents are flushed to disk
periodically?

Appreciate your response to the above queries. Thanks again,

Thanks n Regards,
Sandeep Ramesh Khanzode