Hi,

I wanted to know of the best approach to follow if a few fields in my indexed
documents are changing at run time (after index and before or during search),
but a majority of them are created at index time.

I could see the JIRA given below but it is scheduled for Lucene 4.9, I believe.

There are a few other approaches, like maintaining a separate index for
changing fields and use either a parallelreader or use a Join.

Can everyone share their experience for this scenario on how it is handled in
your systems? Thanks,

[LUCENE-4258] Incremental Field Updates through Stacked Segments - ASF JIRA

 [LUCENE-4258] Incremental Field Updates through Stacked Segments - ASF JIRA
Shai and I would like to start working on the proposal to Incremental Field
Updates outlined here (http://markmail.org/message/zhrdxxpfk6qvdaex).
View on issues.apache.org Preview by Yahoo

Thanks n Regards,
Sandeep Ramesh Khanzode