Several of your images have tags which identify them as animated images
even though they only have one frame defined.  All of them have a "graphics
extension block" listing a non-zero "animation frame delay" which implies
that they are multi-frame GIF images with a delay between frames (40ms in
most cases).

wall_8.gif also has a NETSCAPE2.0 "loop count" tag defined which is another
indicator that the image is animated.

The repaints are our mechanism for getting you to render everything again
"when the next animated frame in the image you drew" is ready - it is a
result of the default implementation of the ImageObserver interface in
"this" - the parameter you give to us as your ImageObserver.

I would edit your images again and turn off all options related to anything
to do with animation or multi-frame images - inter-frame delays, loop
counts, etc.  As an alternative you can convert them to PNG images which
should work on 1.4 and later runtimes (actually as far back as 1.2 I
believe)...

                               ...jim

--On Monday, August 29, 2005 2:05 PM +0200 Olof Bjarnason