I converted the .gif:s to .png:s (the Exorcist utility! nice try it)
and judging by a first "feel run" of the program, the problem
dissappered! :)

Jim: I am very grateful to you. The paint program I use mention only
one frame, but probably inserts some "waste info" in the gif:s anyway.
I think I will mail them to ask them to let the user have more power
over exactly what info goes into the gifs, or else just start using
png instead.

wall_8.gif was strange - dunno why it differed from the others. Used
same program to save it. Actually, I had observed some "anomalities"
during program execution with wall 8 - sometimes it just didn't show
at all - guess I got the explanation now.

Once again, thank you very much, now I can finish the game and I've
also learned alot..
I'm planning on making the game a "home page game" so maybe I'll keep
you posted on the progress here..

cya,

/Olof