have you tried getStringBounds (from Font)?

Michele Puccini wrote:

Hello,

I have some questions:

1) how to determine the max pixel with of the characters in a font ?
Font.getMaxCharBounds() does not return correct values (expecially
with some
italic fonts). A silly workaround is to find the max size of the chars
glyph
outlines bounds.. But it's so ugly!

2) why Graphics2D.drawString() gives so different visual results from
drawing a glyphVector as a Shape ?

Many thanks,

Mik

ClassX Development Italy  Via Francesca, 368/I I-56030 S.M. a Monte
(PI) <
Tel.(+39)-0587-705153  Fax.(+39)-0587-705153  WEB:
http://www.classx.it  <

body
of the message "signoff JAVA2D-INTEREST".  For general help, send
email to