Hi David,

  thanks for the information. Could you try to run your
  java application with -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true property set and
  see if it helps?

  Also, I'm still interested in the complete stack trace dump
  from all threads - it's likely that there's a thread that's holding
  a lock whichthe thread you mentioned is waiting for.

  Thanks,
    Dmitri
  Java2D Team