Hi Dmitir.  Thanks for the response.

>   Hi David,
>
>   thanks for the information. Could you try to run your
>   java application with -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true property set and
>   see if it helps?

I'll give that a shot.

>   Also, I'm still interested in the complete stack trace dump
>   from all threads - it's likely that there's a thread that's holding
>   a lock whichthe thread you mentioned is waiting for.
>
>   Thanks,
>     Dmitri
>   Java2D Team

I already sent that in a previous message, but I'll enclose it here again
(below).

Thanks,

DR

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any transmission errors. If you receive
this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from
your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to
intercept and monitor all e-mail communications through its networks if
legally allowed. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure.