Thanks Chris,

javagaming.org is still down. I use JDK

java version "1.6.0-rc"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-rc-b96)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-rc-b96, mixed mode, sharing)

And yes, JGears once worked. I don't know if it worked perfectly, it was some
time ago I tried (different ATI divers, JDK, etc). When I use the current JDK
1.5, it is very slow and I do not see the gradient or the fps counter but the
gears. No exceptions on the console.

- Dsun.java2d.opengl.fbobject=false does not seem to change anything.

Ingo

> You're probably better off waiting until
> javagaming.org is restored
> and ask this question on the JOGL forum.  But I'll
> take a stab.
>
> Has JGears ever worked for you in the past (with
> different driver/JDK/
> JOGL versions)?  In other words, is this a new
> problem?
>
> Which JDK build are you using?  What happens if you
> add "-
> Dsun.java2d.opengl.fbobject=false" to your command
> line?
>
> Chris

[Message sent by forum member 'ingomaier' (ingomaier)]