Looking at some BufferStrategy examples, it seems that the pattern is to do
rendering in a timed loop, something like this:

[code]
// Render loop
while (!done) {
   Graphics g = strategy.getDrawGraphics();
   render(g);
   g.dispose();
   strategy.show();

   try {
      Thread.sleep(100);
   }
   catch (InterruptedException e) {
      done=true;
   }
}
[/code]

I'm drawing in response to UI events (scrolling, zooming, mouse clicks for
selecting objects). Does that mean BufferStrategy is not for my situation?
Pointers to examples would be great.

Thanks,

-chris
[Message sent by forum member 'cbare' (cbare)]