On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 22:12:48 GMT, Alisen Chung <ach...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Translation drop for JDK22 RDP1

All around LGTM. From a skim I don't see any of the typical l10n related file
mode issues, line ending issues, or values that should not be changed (like
_WixLocalization Culture_). Might be worth filing a bug against the translation
tool to see if it could support multi line translations for localized versions
as @sormuras pointed out.

src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/tools/javac/resources/compiler_de.properties
 line 2293:

> 2291: compiler.err.underscore.as.identifier=Ab Release 9 ist "_" ein
> Schlüsselwort und kann nicht als ID verwendet werden
> 2292:
> 2293: compiler.err.use.of.underscore.not.allowed=Unterstrich ist hier nicht
> zulässig\nAb Release 9 ist ''_'' ein Schlüsselwort und kann nicht als ID
> verwendet werden\nAb Release 22 kann ''_'' als Name in der Deklaration
> unbenannter Muster, lokaler Variablen, Ausnahmeparameter oder
> Lambda-Parameter verwendet werden

Just an observation, but the double quotes were converted to (two) single
quotes. Previously, localized de files represented '' '' as " ", as different
languages have different l10n rules (according to the translation contact). And
this is seen with the other values on this file using "" instead of '' ''.

But here it looks like they updated the value to match the quotes in of the
value in the original .properties files. Not sure if they updated the rules and
this is intentional, or unintentional.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17096#pullrequestreview-1782404582
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17096#discussion_r1427080553