On Fri, 31 May 2024 14:23:06 GMT, Hannes Wallnöfer <hann...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> psoujany has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Add tab order to plain text
>>  - Add tab order to plain text
>
> src/jdk.javadoc/share/classes/jdk/javadoc/internal/doclets/formats/html/Table.java
>  line 335:
>
>> 333:         }
>> 334:         int colIndex = 0;
>> 335:         String regex =
>> "<(?:a|area|button|input|object|select|textarea)\\b";
>
> The only element that will likely occur in a API description is `a`. Is it
> actually the case that a contained link will make the table cell tabbable and
> scrollable via keyboard?

We initially added all elements which have default tab-order to avoid potential
violations. But `<a>` should be sufficient as it's the only potential option
possible in API description. Link will only make table cell tabbable via
keyboard. As CSS is adding overflow: auto on table cells, making cells to be
tabbable. The proposed solution here makes table cells accessible via keyboard
by adding tabindex.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17819#discussion_r1623857346