> NetBeans is GPL + ClassPathException. You can build over the Platform,
> or the IDE, adding your own modules, and make people pay for them, and
> even not releasing the sources of your stuff. It's just like the
> OpenJDK. There's a plenty of commercial, non FLOSS applications
> developed on the Platform.

Anything developed that 'links' with a GPL can arguably be considered
a derivative product of it. So, if you build a plug-in on top of a GPL
program, your plug-in is implicitly GPL as well. That only applies to
making programs FOR NetBeans, not making programs ON NetBeans. The
output of GPL applications are not in themselves restricted by
license. But the thing I don't know is that if the NetBeans
development API's were released as an open specification (to be
implemented by any compliant IDE for instance) then you could write
plug-ins since the plug-in could function without using GPL'd NetBeans
code.