Hi Josh,

I do use the Gimp, and I have no intention of paying for Photoshop.
However:

* I am terrible at drawing
* I only attempt my own visual art for fun after-hours projects
* our professional graphics guy at work uses the Adobe CS tools
* I'd find JavaFX output from Inkscape (or an SVG convertor that works
on Mac and Linux) more useful than an output plugin for the Gimp

Hope that helps. Thanks for taking the time to do this market
research!

-Jonathan Fuerth