This time issue is another false argument that attempts to justify
incorrect behavior - and I mean incorrect with regard to the Java
community.

It takes a lot more time to start something from scratch than to work
with something that already exists.  I don't just mean the development
of something, but its adoption as a standard.  Unless, of course,
that's not what Jigsaw folks intend.

Eric