On Jul 19, 8:30 pm, Steve <stephen.a.lind...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not aware of a single java desktop app that is not developer
> focused that would be considered mainstream on linux. However as you
> point out below, Mono has several that would be considered best of
> breed in their domain.

I'd agree with the first statement and disagree with the second.

There is tons of software being developed today, but most of that is a
web app, a bundled system or device app, or some kind of niche or
custom use app.

The amount of add-on mainstream Linux desktop software projects is
very small and almost none of that is done in Java or Mono.

F-Spot is a mainstream desktop Linux app built with Mono, but other
than that, I haven't seen anything else. I know about stuff like
MonoDevelop, Tomboy, Tasque, and dozens of others, but those are like
the dozen Java apps that fcassia08 mentioned: niche use or novelty
type stuff.