Hi Ben,

On every VM I've worked with finalize support is implemented pretty much
the same way. That would be all Sun based VMs and IBM's implementation.
It's been a while with JRocket but I think they are close. There is *no*
benefit for the JVM to keep object hanging about for any longer than
necessary. VM implementors are working very hard to make sure that
objects are cleared ASAP.

Regards,
Kirk