Nah, Martin Odersky was still dabbling on Pizza (predecessor to Java
with generics) by the time most of the C# stuff was being thought
out. ;) I realize people consider Scala a contender to the next-gen
language but I honestly can't see your average corporate developer use
it, it's just too different.

/Casper