I have had the same experience.  Started using Java in 1999; started
C# in 2007.

We started to use C# to integrate with Excel (Java was too hard -
JNI).  After a few months we started to use it more and have made the
decision that all new development will be in C#.  All the old Java
code is to be converted (as time permits).  IKVM is great technology
and we now run most of our code on the CLR.  We now have a large
portion of our enterprise application written in C#.