Joshua Marinacci wrote:
> No. The out of process plugin was introduced in Java 6 update 10.

Understood, but prior to Java 6 Update 10 one could explicitly use Java
Web Start to get out-of-process operation, which is what we're doing in
this case.

This is a bit clumsy for various reasons (e.g. double authentication)
and thus I'm kicking around the idea of having out-of-process but better
integrated operation conditional on Java 6 Update 10's presence, falling
back to out-of-process Java Web Start usage for older JREs.
> What are you trying to do? In cases where some users won't have it
> (and can't or won't get it), I show them a button to launch the
> webstart version.

Essentially I'd like one "button" on a page that automatically produces
either a web start version or a new window containing an embedded 100% x
100% applet.

--
Jess Holle