Joshua Marinacci wrote:
>> The fact that when you launch a Java Web Start application from the
>> browser there is no hand-off of the current cookie set, etc, is
>> problematic -- and has led to double authentication in various use
>> cases
>> for us.
>>
>> I suppose restructuring as a draggable applet would avoid that?
>>
> Yes.

So I suppose I need to auto-detect if Java 6 Update 10 or higher is
available and, if not, fall back to a normal non-applet JNLP approach?

[Questions like this have left me not using this neat feature -- as I
cannot guarantee Java 6 Update 10 or higher, nor can I give up on those
without it.]

--
Jess Holle