> Lambdaj simply does not do this.  "AdderOf" is an ordinary class,
> "add" is an ordinary method, and "first" is an ordinary field of that
> class.  There is no expression in your example that defines a function
> referencing a variable from the lexically enclosing scope.

The feature provided by lambdaj is exactly to "turn" the ordinary
method AdderOf.add() into a closure. If I am missing something please
show me a practical example where lambdaj cannot do the same of a
"real" closure with the same semantic (and probably just a slightly
uglier and more verbose syntax).