On Apr 12, 9:36 pm, Casper Bang <casper.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That doesn't change the fact that a good share of your very own
> argumentation with me a few weeks ago is now rendered invalid.

Please point to me to the discussion, you tent to jump around a bit,
topic-wise.

> Yesterday Apple forbid apps because they look wrong, today they forbid
> apps because they are written in the wrong language and tomorrow...
> probably only registered Apple fanboys with an iCarma of 5+ will be
> allowed to write applications.

This seems not like a very smart argument to me.  For succeeding in
the mobile world today, you need apps (well, Microsoft said that
people want experiences, not apps, when they showed Windows Phone 7,
but that's because they won't have many apps at launch).  For apps,
you need developers.  Developers work on attractive platforms.  The
iPhone is the most attractive platform right now.  So if Apple wants
to stay ahead, they need an attractive platform and developers working
on it. Pissing of some developers, like they just did, is not the best
thing for them to do  - unless they think it's in their greater
platform business interest to do so (no multi-platform apps on iPhone,
forcing developers to chose the iPhone over other platform, don't hand-
over control to the Flash runtime or whatever else it was). So I
assume that Apple thought it was in their best interest to do this.

As I said before, I don't like this move by Apple.  But the iPhone is
Apple's platform, they reserve the right to tell people what they can
or cannot do on their platform.  If you don't like that (as a user or
a developer), then the iPhone's not for you.