On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM, twitter.com/nfma <
nuno.filipe.marq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A year ago I built an app without hibernate, just straight jdbc. Didn't
> have to know about hibernate interceptors and transformers and what not...
> the code was much easier to follow... I could cherry pick a lot better
> where, how and with what to cache and which strategies to use on locking...
> I used mostly immutable objects which also helped a lot on the rest of the
> code...

Did you find that you wrote a simpler object model? On Android, for example,
you have to write SQL, but you wouldn't want a really complex model or
schema on a phone, anyway (IMO).

I tend to do something similar on Google App Engine, by using the low-level
datastore rather than JPA or JDO. It's really not that bad, but then, the
datastore's put/get interface is a lot more natural for objects than SQL.

Moandji