hi there,

now I know you guys like languages a lot and are constantly debating if
there is a replacement language for java. The whole discussion has been
bugging me for a while and I always thought it would be necessary for a new
language to bring something to the table that java does offer but that could
be done better for the sake of getting stuff done faster (I always felt the
network libraries in java (easier socket programming) was a good reason to
switch from c/c++ to java).

In order to provide a business advantage to a new language that could drive
adoption, I have been thinking about a restfull language - if a language
incorporates rest into it's architecture and makes it easier to develop
restfull applications we might have a winner in my opinion. Say for example
if the language helps you to write restfull services that can easily be
integrated with each other and where the UI can be easily merged for
multiple applications we could potentially start building larger
applications where we have the ability to reuse application blocks and
create bigger applications faster.

Would love to get some comments on it - pros or cons of course :-)

Ruben