Not that what you suggest does not make sense, but JAX-RS does provide
amazing Rest support. I can imagine a custom made language being a little
easier to use than Java + JAX-RS but not that much better.

Perhaps the question really is: what should be the most important trait to
add to a new language that will help developers? I personally believe that
design patterns would make the difference to switching to the next language.
Scala has taken a great attempt at it, but a good question is - is a better
language possible?

Regards,
Vineet
--