I'm aware that there is great frameworks around in java to help you do good
rest application. Back in the C/C++ time we also had good frameworks to deal
with sockets, etc. Still, when thinking back for me at least java was a
welcome relieve that such a fundamental function in the new world was built
in and could be built on top of.

Thanks for your suggestion on supporting patterns better in a language. That
could certainly help a lot too.

On your remark about weather a better language is possible or not I'd say
yes, but it has to solve a totally fundamental other problem. My take on it
is I guess that today we're sharing libraries to make development easier. If
we could possibly share whole application building blocks in the future (say
an online store and a cms and a crm) and make it look like one application
we could possibly have a better language.

We can do this in java but we would have to agree on what stack to use, etc.
hence the thought of a language to set all that up.

Ruben