Yup!

In addition to .Net and Java bytecode, scala can also be compiled down to an
intermediate language affectionately known as "jribble", which is like java,
but without the restrictions that exist in Java but not in bytecode (e.g.
super() doesn't have to be the first call in a constructor)

There's also a variant of the Java->GWT compiler that will work with
jribble.

I have no idea how far along it's come though...

On 10 September 2010 20:39, Josh Berry <tae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Serge Boulay <serge.bou...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> so in terms on using Java web frameworks I can use anyone without
>> problems? Lift just looks so different to me; probably a result of my lack
>> of Scala knowledge.
>>

> You can't use GWT, as it is currently tied to .java files.  My
> understanding is that the GWT team is working on expanding this, though.
> (And, of course, I could be completely wrong.)

Kevin Wright

mail / gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
pulse / skype: kev.lee.wright
twitter: @thecoda