2010/9/19 Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com>

> I've found Java to be remarkably style impervious in the sense that I can
> read Java code using all kinds of different styles (different indentations,
> different brace placements, different namings for fields or variables,
> etc...) and not be bothered by it for more than a few seconds.
>
> I can't say the same about C++ and it's probably too early to tell whether
> Scala has this nice quality too.

I've found the biggest thing that I hate about Java nowdays is that I am
forced to organize my code around what Java wants, not around how I am
actually thinking about things.  I grant that you can easily abuse packages
!= directories, but I have found there is less value in that equality than I
would have thought.

Of course, I still have dreams of someday writing a "literate" program. :)