Indeed, it is very related. In that it's stupid. There's great value
in debating which style is best, but once the pros and cons are
weighed, there's far more benefit in everyone standardizing on the
same thing than everyone going off and doing their own thing. That's
all *IF* there is no real benefit in having multiple styles. I'll
gladly go on record to say that there is absolutely no point
whatsoever in having both tab-indent and space-indent around as
styles. This isn't like, say, python vs. lisp, where for some jobs one
is better, and for others, the other is better. No. Depending on your
opinion on indents, either spacing is always better, or tabs are
always better.

If that's how the style rule works, then the language should just pick
one, enforce it, and thereby obliterate all pointless petty style
fights, while in the process improving machine readability of your
code. I never claimed that you should write code so machines can read
it _in favour_ of humans. But let's get real for a moment, it's a
programming language. If a machine couldn't read it, we've got a bit
of a problem. Also, people WILL screw up, so when it happens, it would
be nice if the machine can help us find our problem, and the only way
to make that happen is for the machine to be good at extracting our
intent from our broken code. Codifying more style rules means the
machine will be better at it. Conclusion: If there's no good reason to
give people choice in a style rule, then don't give them one.