Reinier,

You must understand that this is subjective.  As usual, if discussed to a
limit we'd just end up debating the meaning of various terms.

Programming is, yes, about making the computer do something, but beyond a
very small scale one needs to be able to read existing code.  At that point
the way the code is written starts to matter, and arguably that's the point
at which it becomes art, as it is then an expression of intent.

Jazz played like software would be terrible though, the pianist would stop
and launch a patent suit when the clarinet player made a variation upon his
improvised theme.  The language is English.  The other subject is software.
 The language written like the other subject would be terrible too, you'd
need to jump all over the novel to get any context.