We had a letter for "TH" :) Gutenberg spoke German so it (thorn) didn't make
it into moveable type. For a while we got by with "Y" (hence "ye olde",
which is pronounced "the old"), but then went with "TH".

On 18 October 2010 07:57, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Matthew Farwell
> <matt...@farwell.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> I thought that was what Americans did? :-)
>>
>> light -> lite
>> sulphur -> sulfur
>> tyre -> tire
>> colour -> color
>>
>> We apologise for interupting this serious conversation with an inane
>> comment. Please note the smiley in this remark.
>>
>> Matthew.
>>

> Hi Matthew,,
>
> eheh those are minor changes, i was talking about a real reform that would
> be more faithful to the spoke word, like say introducing a letter for "th"
> and so on. If we examine the differences they are very minute and for all
> practical purposes not incompatible in anyway.
>
> !

"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
   -  j...@joshmcdonald.info
   -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
   -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/