Hi guys,

I wrote a framework that intends to replace DBUnit. It promises a 30%
reduction in the number of characters used compared to dbunit, and
mass simplifications and extra features across the board.

It's on git. You can read about it there:
http://github.com/egervari/scaladbtest

I only spent 2 or 3 days on it so far, but all the basic functionality
is there and it works with mysql and hsqldb for sure. I even have it
working on a real project that has 1093 tests and hundreds of records
of test data, so it's field tested ;) It actually runs faster than
dbunit too by about 10 seconds :)

Enjoy,

Ken