On 29 October 2010 14:40, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>wrote:

> On 10/29/2010 02:59 PM, Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:
>
>> I don't think you can just pull a license. Once you release your code
>> under the BSD, you can't later say: Take Backsies! And release it
>> under the GPL instead. You can ALSO release it under the GPL, and
>> provide further code contributions only to the GPL version, but what's
>> out there is out there.
>>
> That's what normally happens. But what if a judge says that you infringed
> the law by releasing under the original license?

IANAL, but it depends what law was infringed.

If this code was decompiled with JAD or something similar then it's reverse
engineering - which may be an infringement of the JDK EULA by whoever did
the decompiling and may be subject to patent claims, but it isn't imho
copyright infringement as that applies to the source and not the binary.

> --
> f.g.

Cheers, Stuart