On Nov 8, 3:19 pm, Reinier Zwitserloot <reini...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can run windows on your mac hardware if push comes to shove.

Yea or I could have a frontal lobotomy...  ;-)

> If
> you're using eclipse there's no issue at all (eclipse runs on SWT on
> top of OpenJDK flawlessly, you can't tell the difference until you
> start debugging / running a swing app from within eclipse, at which
> point X11 starts and you get a somewhat ugly motif-styled window that
> doesn't really fit the apple GUI. But even that app at least works).

True with 3.6.  Not true with 3.5 - that's got some weird hard-coded
references to the Mac-specific frameworks in the OS X version..  And
3.5 is what the Android dev tools use currently.  So.. yea I can see
your point .. we'll probably be there eventually.  Still not real
comfortable from where I'm sitting.

> And that's all presuming no Oracle or community-driven cocoa port of
> swing is forthcoming.

Well, time will tell I suppose...