Carbon isn't really deprecated, although parts of it are. There are many Carbon
libraries that work perfectly well and will probably never be ported to Cocoa.

It's basically the same kind of statement as saying "AWT is deprecated." Well,
parts of it, yes. Specifically the early native widgets that no one really uses
much anymore. But much of the "core" of the graphics stack is still contained
in the AWT libraries, things like Toolkit and Graphics2D, etc.

Rob