On 12/06/2010 04:38 AM, Liam Knox wrote:
 From my point of view its not a character assassination.  I am just
very curious for the polarized views and as mentioned I cannot ignore
that the 2 blogs can be or should be taken as distinct.

You may have not realized it when you said it in this thread, but things like:

  "I do not rate the guy."

  "Guice is no fork-join.  Bob is no Doug"

  "So what the hell is this all about then?"

  "Sour grapes.  Simple as that."

"If you do not see any hint of sour grapes in that you must be completely blind."

are not legitimate technical arguments, IMHO.

I would say if you really care about the language then contribute in the
JSR space if given the opportunity.

You seems to imply that "the language" and "the JSR space" are one and the same thing.

Even if you rephrase the above sentence as

If you really care about the JSR space then contribute in the JSR space if given the opportunity

it does not capture the temporal variation of people's attitudes. A person should be allowed to "care" at time t[0] (before the JCP SE/EE EC election) but "not to care" at a subsequent time t[1] (after the election.)

If you have problems with how that
works you will have a better chance of changing things by being involved
in it than by not.

This is true only if the situation is still salvageable. When all hope is gone, a person should be allowed to give up.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Miroslav Pokorny