On 3 May 2011 08:52, Reinier Zwitserloot <reini...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The one thing in all those needless deviations from Java in that Project
> Ceylon project that I actually thought might just be worth doing was := for
> assignment.

Prolog got it right; If ever there was a language that's overdue for a
revival...

Op dinsdag 3 mei 2011 17:06:09 UTC+2 schreef kirk het volgende:

>> > Why did anyone ever think that assignment should look so much like
>> asserting equality? It never fails to cause problems...
>>
>> +1
>>

>> Kirk
>>
>>  --

Kevin Wright

gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
twitter: @thecoda

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side of
the ledger" ~ Dijkstra