On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Phil <p...@surfsoftconsulting.com> wrote:

> They don't care about their market share in an absolute sense.

I think this is probably one of the most misunderstood things about Apple,
or at least about Steve Jobs.

I am firmly convinced that he cares about market share. A lot. Because it's
the only thing in his career he has never achieved and that he has never
beaten Bill Gates on.

Jobs has achieved worldwide recognition as a CEO, visionary and businessman,
created new markets that people didn't know existed, generated billions of
dollars in market value and shareholders wealth (and himself as well,
obviously), but seeing an "Apple computer on every desk" is the one thing
that still eludes him, and I'm pretty sure that the simple idea that it's
Windows computers that are occupying this spot are a sore point for him.

Just speculating, of course, but I expanded on these thoughts in this
post<http://beust.com/weblog/2010/09/22/what-steve-jobs-really-wants/>some
time ago.

--
Cédric