I'm sorry, but this somehow reminds me of Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

Leading a successful big global company like Apple (or Microsoft or Oracle
or IBM) is like waging a war - the ones that come out winners do not think
of the short term categories and do not get attached to any particular
goals, specially if those goals have been achieved.

Gaining a world dominance is in and of itself a nice thing to have, but as a
single-minded goal, it is dangerous path to follow and even more dangerous
to hold on to (just see what happened to Nokia)

But then again - this whole thread here is a stream of speculations, and my
own post might be nothing but a puff of hot air and Apple is indeed only
after enslaving us all and completely controlling our entire lives...