On May 13, 5:00 pm, Phil <p...@surfsoftconsulting.com> wrote:
> Most laptop manufacturers
> follow the crowd, they build machines similar to, and priced closely,
> to those of their competitors (and they all run The One OS to bind
> them... erm sorry!). Apple is the geek of the electronics business -
> they do what they want, they don't feel obliged to follow the crowd
> and be seen to 'fit in'.

As usual, in these sorts of discussions, we're comparing apples and
oranges and coming to the conclusion that apples are better at being
apples than oranges.  Windows is an operating system that is intended
to be sold to third party hardware manufacturers that don't produce
operating systems.  Apple's operating system is intended not to be
sold to third parties (actually, they did try it once in the nineties
but quickly reneged on that when they found their own hardware sales
started to suffer).  So if follows that laptop manufactures will
favour one of these operating systems over the other.