On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Ricky Clarkson
<ricky.clark...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It could operate internally as a message bus, I think.  In fact I
> think it might have to to avoid problems with recursion.

Yes, that's definitely an annoying problem with listeners. Message buses
solve this pretty elegantly.

> Regarding refactoring, as the JavaFX language is dead your standard
> Java IDEs should be able to cope with it unless JavaFX goes the way of
> the stringly typed, which seems unlikely.

Agreed. I still think that "If widget x changes, update var 1 and var2" is
much less flexible than "If widget x changes, publish event 'widget
changed'", and then have var1 and var2 subscribe to that event. Annotations
make this kind of plumbing very straightforward and type safe (at least in
the way I implemented my own bus).

--
Cédric