On Monday, July 4, 2011 2:30:21 PM UTC-7, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

> Also, be wary of cclaims that can be easily contradicted (e.g. "If LinkedIn
> uses Scala, how come they don't have any open positions for Scala
> developers?"). At least, spend the time to do the research that can be
> easily verified or people will just dismiss you as a fan who shouldn't be
> trusted for this kind of critical strategic decision.
>
> Any CTO worth their salt will probably ask you to go over your list again
> and rewrite it with a more critical eye.
>
> --
> Cédric

But, Cedric, LinkedIn does use Scala, they host our monthly Scala meetings,
and at each meeting they stand up and say that they are on the look out for
more Scala developers. Also, after conversations with you in the past I have
asked straight out whether LinkedIn is using Scala, or whether it is tailing
off, and each person I ask says that Scala usage within LinkedIn is
constantly increasing.

Dick