On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my definition, Maven Central, Github and build tools count as code
> reuse, and I think the grade is a lot higher than F.

Thanks, Moandji, I was going to say just that: Maven is probably the finest
example of code reuse taken to a point that's never been reached in the
software industry before.

.net seems to be behind in these terms, but COM scores decently on that
scale, albeit not as high as Maven.

Having said that, this is library reuse, which is important but not the
only concept. It's important because it enables reuse of huge code bases.
The other aspect, code reuse, is a more debatable aspect, although I think
Java probably still scores pretty high compared to other languages in that
area (COM is a better mechanism IMO).

--
Cédric