On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Chris Koerner <chessm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we programmers sit all day long I was curious if anyone uses a ball to
> sit on rather than a chair and how you liked it?

I don't have a ball, but I do sit on a stool that acts similarly that
I got from Ikea.  I like it, though for a few days now I have been
relapsing onto a chair.  One of the things I did have to do is make
sure to have a slightly elevated place for my keyboard.  I am about
6'3, so that may be just a side effect of my height, more than
anything else.  (Basically, I found that the way I used to sit with my
legs out doesn't work on the stool, as I'm more likely to lean
incorrectly without back or leg support.)

My advice is simply to go all in on the stool/ball for a few days, but
keep a chair handy for some time throughout the day.  (Usually this is
covered by lunch, where I'm not eating at my desk anyway.)

link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90118811/