I've never tried a standing desk, but I find I just need to change sitting
position or seat height and I'm fine.  I put my feet on another chair
sometimes, turn slightly to one side or the other side, and if I use a
computer for an extended period at home, I do that horizontally.

I guess never having had a long driving commute (I've had short driving and
cycling commutes and long public transport commutes) has helped, but I've
never had much of a problem, and I've passed the 30 mark.  Perhaps I'll
retract these words after another 10 years of office life.